Spousal Sponsorship for Immigration – USA Visa for Fiance / Spouse

Family Based Sponsorship – Marriage to a US Citizen

Marriage to US Citizen for SponsorshipWe provide legal assistance for spousal sponsorship and assistance to obtain USA Visa’s for your fiance or spouse.

If you are the spouse of a U.S. citizen, you can become a lawful permanent resident (get a Green Card) based on your family relationship. Please note that the term “spouse” only includes individuals who have been legally married according to the government where the marriage took place. Common law marriages are not recognized, but same-sex marriages may be if the couple can present a government issued marriage certificate.

Eligibility for Adjustment of Status

Foreign nationals who are physically present in the US may apply to Adjust their Status to Permanent Resident, provided they were lawfully admitted to the US and remain in valid status. If you plan to pursue this option, it is highly advisable to speak with an immigration attorney to ensure your documents are properly filed, and that you are aware of key regulations regarding the timing of your application and your ability to subsequently depart the United States.

Consular Based Green Card

Foreign nationals who are located outside the US may have their US Citizen Spouse file the I-130 petition with USCIS to start their green card application process. Once the I-130 petition is approved, the case would be forward to the National Visa Center for processing of the immigrant visa application at a US Consulate / Embassy in the beneficiary’s home country. The beneficiary may travel to the US while the application is in process, provided they possess a valid visa stamp or are eligible for the visa waiver program. However, please note that if the beneficiary is traveling to the US pursuant to a nonimmigrant visa (e.g. B-2, TN, etc.), they must possess the intent to remain in the US temporarily. In other words, the beneficiary cannot permanently move to the US until their immigrant visa is approved by the US Consulate / Embassy in their home country.